At Silver Lining Mentoring, we are deeply committed to protecting the health, safety, and well-being of our community and continuing to serve as strong allies for young people impacted by foster care.
We are taking the following steps to respond to COVID-19:
• We have encouraged our staff to work remotely through the end of March.
• We are asking staff not to attend any in-person external meetings through the end of March.
• We are not hosting events or group gatherings in or outside of the Silver Lining Mentoring office through the end of March.
• During this period, we are exploring how to move as much of our programming online as possible.
• We are exploring how to continue to provide a sense of connection and belonging through virtual and online connections.
Our programming team is working on identifying strategies of providing effective match support and maintaining social connection – when physical connection is not possible, and they will be in touch with our mentor community with additional information in the coming days.
Below are more resources available to better understand COVID-19 and how we can all help to prevent further spread of the virus.
MA Department of Public Health
Center for Disease Control (CDC)
Now more than ever, we need to identify new ways to build connection and community, while protecting the safety and health of all.
Thank you for your continued commitment to serving as allies for youth in foster care.
Executive Director, Silver Lining Mentoring